This is a re-advertisement. Those who applied already, need not to apply
The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) has a vacancy for Provincial Manager, tenable in Gauteng. SARCS is a National Society that was constituted based on International and Domestic law by virtue of the South African Government being a signatory to the Geneva Conventions which compelled her to establish the Society by an Act of Parliament in 1921 and amended in 2007 (South African Red Cross Society and legal protection of certain Emblems Act, 2007), as a voluntary humanitarian relief and development Society, auxiliary to the public authorities in the humanitarian field.
SARCS forms part of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), which is the largest humanitarian network globally, operating in 192 countries.
The Provincial Manager will be responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of high-quality humanitarian relief and integrated development service provision to needy communities in disaster management, health and care and social services. The Provincial Manager will be responsible for Resource Mobilisation, Human Capital Management, Financial Management and Programme Management of the Province in line with set targets of the Society.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To oversee programs/activities at the Province with a focus on compliance with donor requirements, the efficient running of the Province, and the ability to ensure Province remains relevant and meets the needs of communities. The successful candidate will be required to develop and expand Red Cross activities throughout the Province.
- Preparing annual plans and budgets and ensuring that the plans, objectives and functions of the Organisation are achieved within the planned period.
- Ensuring timely compilation and preparation of the Organizations periodic finance and project reports and submission to Provincial Council, National Office donors and Stakeholders
- Designing and developing project proposals to source for funds for the Province, preparing budget requisitions and accounting to donor funds
- Supervising Branch Managers and ensuring that the goals and objectives of the SARCS programmes are met
- Implementing SARCS Human Resources Policy, Financial Management and other policies and procedures
- Designing and implementing administrative procedures that will allow the Province to improve efficiency and performance, coordinating regular staff meetings and ensuring that administrative procedures are understood and adhered to
- Providing Branch Managers with guidance on administrative policies
- Implementing publicity and awareness campaigns for Provincial and Branch programmes
- Liaising with Government, Community Leaders, Private Sectors, Civil Society Media, and Communities to advance the mandate of the SARCS
- Supporting Branch Managers to promote volunteer recruitment and retention
- Facilitating and ensuring the smooth function of the Provincial Councils.
- Strong Programme Management Skills and Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Proposal writing skills
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s articulated vision for change
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and political issues
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement as well as working in accordance with SARCS’ Mission, Vision, Policies and Practices
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Ability to work independently
- Mature personality
Education and Work Experience
- At least a University Degree in Social Sciences, Community Development, Public Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Management
Application letters with comprehensive Curriculum Vitaes and at least three (3) traceable references should be addressed to:
Deadline for submission: 3 July 2020
NOTE: CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS ONLY.