Psycho Social supports the psychological and emotional well-being of the community by providing counselling, consultation and crisis intervention. All cases adhere to strict standards of confidentiality.
Psycho Social support is offered to people living in vulnerable circumstances to enable them to feel cared for, accepted and a sense of belonging to a social group. It is an ongoing process of meeting the emotional, social, mental and spiritual needs, all of which are considered essential elements of a meaningful and positive human development.
The Fundemental Goals of PSS:
Social Support Offers
- Powerful me: focuses on self-care of your mind, body and soul. It optimizes health for young women undergoing self-discovery, which consist of women's health, counselling as well as educational resources, appearance and self-esteem.
- Creating safe spaces for vulnerable girls: girls, particularly adolescent girls, benefit from separate programming from boys to build their confidence, skills, capabilities and to strengthen their ability to deal with stress.
- Providing equal training opportunities to both males and females: to increase their skills and capabilities, ensuring that councellors have appropriate training and educational support to address all types of vulnerabilities.
- Providing community counselling: to reduce stigma and enhance collective problem-solving and behavioural change.
- Kids Clubs: the purpose of Kids Club is to share experiences, laughter, art, and foster creative expression. The Club’s goal is to normalize feelings related to environment, education, status and family support. It also provides a fun outlet for the youth to participate comfortably in peer activities and strengthen their social skills. It is important that children are able to engage in meaningful activities that can help in their development, in regaining a sense of control for the rebuilding of society. This is particularly important for adolescents, many of whom struggle to make sense of life and their role in it. Opportunities are created for adolescents to be constructively involved in their sense of self-worth, expand social networks, and develop their sense of competence. These clubs provide life-skills training, play therapy, and counseling services through various activities. They also receive additional one-on-one and group counselling shown to significantly enhance the quality of life of the youth.
- Self Appreciation through Music: creative arts/music therapy promotes the physical and emotional well-being of patients through the universal languages of music, art, dance/movement, and drama/play therapy. It introduces laughter, hope, and joy into a difficult experience. Led by our licensed creative arts/music therapist, the program promotes the integration of physical, emotional, cognitive, and social functioning.
- Caring for the Carers: aims to improve the quality of the carers lives by helping the local community recognize and value the role of the carers, and by enabling the carers to access the services and support they require. The aim of the program is to provide informational and practical supports for the carers, with an emphasis on promoting mental health thus improving the carer’s ability to care for themselves as well as the person they are looking after. It focuses on the carer with a holistic approach to their needs.
- Short-term individual counselling.
- Referrals to longer-term therapy.
- Support groups.
- Medication consultation.
- Emergency consultation.