To commemorate World Red Cross Red Crescent Day, various activities will take place within South Africa and will be implemented by our different branches.
8 May(Handout at intersections)
9 May - For Germiston Branch community:
- Host representatives from the community
- Cake of Henry Dunant and tea to be served
- Children to make a Red Cross flag
- Distribution of clothes and sandwiches to the homeless
- Roses and Chocolates will be delivered to the local hospital maternity wards ie. Emfuleni Medi Clinic, Johan Heyns Hospital and Naledi Nkanyezi Clinic.
Kwa – Zulu Natal
- Dissemination function for the community of Mayville – Cato Crest where recently an MDR TB project has commenced.
- Assemble people at a local hall to explain to them about the project being run in their area and their expected involvement towards the promotion of this project.
- Involve - Local leadership including the local councillor and the Mayville community health centre.
- We are distributing more than 300 Sanitary Towels in Giyani Hatlani Village to High School learners, this in line with the theme and the International Women's day theme.
- Providing free basic First Aid to the 3 schools in the area. Each school will nominate 2 teachers for the first aid classes.
- Soup kitchen for the homeless in Central Port Elizabeth.
Distribution of flowers to maternity wards at Dora Nginza (PE) and Frere Hospital (East London).
- Youth will do a first aid demonstration at an orphanage.
- A basic first aid demonstration for the Elderly at an Old Aged Home.
- Public awareness campaign regarding LGBTI rights (Maluti, PE, Uitenhage, East London).